|Class of 1983,
We’ve set the date for our next DC-area Class Reception (held near DC, but open to all)! Let this serve as a Save the Date; more info will be sent as well as a formal opportunity to sign up once I iron out the menu and cost. For now, here’s what you need to know:
- What: USNA Class of 1983 Reception
- Where: Buchanan House (Superintendent’s Quarters), USNA
- When: Friday, 6 May. 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Uniform of the Day: Dockers or shorts of similar style; golf-style collared shirt or Hawaiian shirt
- Menu: Heavy hors d’oeuvre
- While we will be able to accommodate close to 180 attendees, this will be a first-come, first-served event. Once we go live (that will be announced ahead of time), the system will close down if we reach the limit. I recommend considering your options ahead of time! We were very close to the limit last year.
- This is Mother’s Day weekend, which was one of several factors leading to picking Friday. This will give more people the opportunity to go to or receive family for the special day. I’ve already put in vacation for the day 😊
- As always, this is for the Alum +1 and is an adult get-together.
If you went last year, you know a lot what it will be like – great friends, great food. If you missed last year, or haven’t been to any of the receptions, this is likely your last chance to participate at the Supe’s Residence. More to follow as soon as I have it nailed down.
Steve Fischer ‘83